What is SEPAC?
SEPAC is the Special Education Parent Advisory Council. Membership is offered to all parents and caregivers of children with disabilities as well as to other community members who are interested in supporting the SEPAC. Every public school district in Massachusetts is required by law to establish a SEPAC which must be both advisory and participatory.
What does SEPAC do?
· Connect and support parents and caregivers through meetings,social events, and other opportunities
· Advise the school and district administration as well as school committee on behalf of parents and caregivers of students with special needs
· Publicize local community inclusive activities, speakers, and events· Provide community advocacy to promote inclusion throughout Bedford
How can SEPAC help me?
· Join a community of caregivers who share similar experiences
· Gain support from those who have navigated the special education process
· Learn from programs and speakers
· Meet the special education staff and administrators in the Bedford School District
How can I get involved?
· Attend SEPAC events and meetings
· Volunteer: help with events and fundraising; assume an open board position or active leadership role
· Share your ideas on what SEPAC can add and improve – we want to hear from you!